Douglas-Sarpy School Enrichment 2020-2021
Looking for exciting activities to enhance your current curriculum? 4-H School Enrichment, as delivered through the Nebraska Extension, offers experiential learning programs aligned with the Nebraska State Board of Education Content Area Standards in the areas of English language arts, mathematics, and science. Programs are also offered in social studies and career education.
All programs are designed to enrich your classroom curriculum, and they are available to teachers in Douglas and Sarpy counties. See below for a list of current offerings with their recommended grade levels and fees. All materials needed for the program are included in the fee.
NOTE: Teachers or staff members must remain in the classroom with students during all programming.
To register for the classes:
- Click on the desired program below.
- Fill out the form online for each requested program.
- 4-H staff will contact the teachers by e-mail to confirm dates and times.
- An invoice will be sent to you after confirmation of all programs.
- Agriculture Classroom Kits (3-8)
- Amphibians/Aquatic Ecology (K-8)
- Butterflies and Pollinators (K-6)
- Bridges and Structures (3-8)
- Crime Scene Investigation: DNA (5-8)
- Beginning (2-5):
- Intermediate (5-8):
- Crayfish (Available January 2021, or upon request by teachers if in person)
- Advanced (6-8):
- Electrical Currents (3-6)
- Embryology (K-12) - Enrollment is closed. All spots for the Spring 2021 session have been filled.
- Entomology (K-6)
- Farm in a Glove (1-5)
- First Time Physics (K-3)
- Grow a Garden (K-6)
- Grow a Salad (1-7)
- Inventure Day (6-8)
- Kitchen Science
- LEGO WeDo Robots (K-5)
- Makey Makey (5-8)
- Mental Health Classes
- Microbiology (5-12)
- NASA 4-H Virtual Science Sessions (5-8)
- Ozobots (K-6)
- Polymers (K-4)
- Space Science - Understanding Time (5-8)
- Smart Cents Financial Literacy
Other 4-H School Enrichment Programs:
- Cooking with Kids, the MyPlate Way (2-6)
- Cooking Skills 101 for Young Children (1-3)
- Cooking Skills 101 for Tweens & Teens (4-8)
- Dynamic T.L.C. : Team Building, Learning, and Communication (3-6)
- Health Rocks! (6-11)
- Husker Beef Lab
- Nutrition School Enrichment Kits (K-5)
- Tinker. Explore. Create. (TEC) Box (3-5)
Interested in seeing pictures from our classes? Check our Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/douglassarpy4h/.