Over concerns with the spread of COVID-19, we are taking steps to help protect Nebraskans within the UNL community. We are no longer holding Pesticide Applicator Education and Training at the Douglas County Office.
Effective March 16, ALL remaining scheduled training sessions for 2020 are CANCELED.
This includes recertification classes scheduled for March 19 and 26, and the initial training and testing scheduled for April 9 and 16. Below are the options available to commercial pesticide applicators.
- For Recertification commercial PSEP:
- PSEP has developed a temporary online training method to recertify those caught in this situation. The PSEP office will contact participants directly.
- Training will be made available the week of April 6-10.
- If you have questions about recertification, please contact the PSEP office: 402-472-1632 or 800-627-7216
- Go to: https://psep.education/cart/ to purchase the appropriate flipbooks.
- Participants will still need to arrange for testing; however, the Nebraska Department of Agriculture has temporarily suspended all testing for all commercial PSEP. NDA:402-471-6849.
The Pesticide Safety Education Team has developed a link on the pesticide education website that addresses these changes due to the virus situation. Please go to: https://pested.unl.edu/covid-19-information
To contact the PSEP office: Vicki Schroeder at 402-472-1632 or 800-627-7216.