Cheyenne & Deuel Counties
2021 4-H Presentation Contest
Friday, June 18
Basement, Security First Bank, 1205 Jackson Street, Sidney, NE
A 4-H Presentation, given by one (1) individual or a team of two (2) individuals, is a live presentation with a formal talk where youth will use visual aids (such as props, posters, computer-based visuals, handouts, video, etc.) to show and tell others how to do something. Presentations are given on a stage. Judge views the entire presentation and engages in a question and answer session following presentation.
- A team presentation, consisting of two (2) individuals, may be given for any class.
- Time limit is 6-8 minutes for a presentation given by an individual, and 8-10 minutes for a presentation given by a team. Participants may be penalized if their presentation exceeds the time limits.
- Each participant is required to wear the 4-H chevron, 4-H emblem, or 4-H shirt during their presentation.
- Participants must be 10 years old before January of the current year & receive a purple at the County contest to attend the Nebraska State Fair Contest
All 4-H Presentations topics should be related to what the 4-H youth is learning through 4-H educational experience focused on the priorities of career and college readiness, community development, entrepreneurship, food supply confidence, healthy living, leadership development, and STEM (science, technology, engineering, math).
- Enrollment in the project area in which the participant is making a presentation is not required.
- 4-H Presentations should include an introduction (the “why” portion of the topic), a body (the “show and tell” portion of the topic), and a conclusion/summary (the “what” portion of the topic).
- Presenters using computer-based visuals may bring files on a USB drive that is PC formatted. Participants may also provide their own computer or other equipment as needed.
- Live animals may be used in the presentation. All fair livestock health requirements must be followed.
- Please let the Extension Office know if any special equipment is needed by Monday, June 14.
B151113 - Illustrated Presentation
To register please see the 4-H Presentation Contest Flyer