Virtual 4-H Presentation Contest for 2020
For 2020, Dawson County Extension will be conducting the 4-H Presentation Contest virtually due to developing coronavirus guidelines. In order to provide an opportunity for all 4-H’ers, submissions will be recorded.
4-H members must register by completing the attached presentation entry card or calling the Extension Office (308-324-5501) by June 11.
Follow the guidelines for the Presentation Contest given on pages 25-27 of the 2020 Dawson County Fair Premium.
Steps to recording and submitting video recordings:
- Record your presentation using a phone, tablet, computer or video camera. File should be raw video with no editing. Files should be saved in the MP4 format.
- Production Tips:
- Use natural lighting.
- Shoot indoors (if possible) in a quiet area.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Avoid cluttered and promotional backgrounds.
- Keep the recording device horizontal (not vertical) when shooting the video.
- Stabilize recording device (set it on a table, book, use tripod, etc.) so the shot is steady.
- Record 3-5 seconds before and after the 4-H’er begins speaking.
- Make sure the judge can see the PowerPoint slides on the recording. This can be done with a laptop computer or tablet on the corner of the presentation table. Another option would be to print a hard copy of the PowerPoint slides and use as flip charts on a small table easel stand.
- Dress appropriately.
- Remember the Illustrated Presentation length is 6-8 minutes for the individuals and 8-10 minutes for teams. Teaching Presentation is 30 minutes by showing and telling how to do something by an individual or team. 4-H Film Fest is 60 seconds for Public Service Announcement Video and 3-5 minutes for Narrative, Documentary or Animation Video.
- Participants must be registered and recorded video submitted by deadlines.
- Files should be named with the following label: First Name_Last Name_Presentation Class (i.e., Andrea Nisley_ Illustrated Presentation).
Email your recorded presentation to Andrea Nisley (email@example.com) by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 30th or earlier.
The Presentation Contest Judging will take place following the deadline. Results will be announced by email.
The 2020 Dawson County Fair Premium was emailed to all families and is also posted on the website: https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/dawson/4-h-fair-premium/. The Dawson County Ag Society opted to not print hard copies this year.
If you have questions contact Andrea Nisley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-325-6498 (cell).
Presentation Contest Entry Card for download