NEBRASKA EXTENSION STAFF
Jenny Nixon, Extension Educator/Unit Leader email@example.com
Jamie Goffena, Extension Educator firstname.lastname@example.org
Leah Gremm, Extension Educator email@example.com
Jack Arterburn, Extension Educator firstname.lastname@example.org
Terri Lemmon, Extension Assistant-4-H email@example.com
Ali Briggs, Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Nebraska Extension Dawes County
4HONLINE IS READY FOR ENROLLMENTS!
4-H Enrollment Information and Project Resource Central:
4HOnline - Enrollment System
Nebraska has joined more than 40 other states with 2.9 million youth in using the 4HOnline Enrollment system. While the method of collecting data is changing, the responsibility of maintaining and reporting accurate information about your youth program contacts remains essential. In this digital age, there are higher expectations for real-time access and management of 4-H enrollment data.
- Nebraska Transition to 4HOnline Frequently Asked Questions
- Nebraska Users Guide
- 2016 Project Change List
- 4HOnline Steps to Enroll NEW member
- 4HOnline Steps to Reenroll member
- 4HOnline Steps to Enroll NEW volunteer
- 4HOnline Steps to Enroll Volunteer with Exisitng Family
- 4HOnline Steps to Reenroll Volunteer
Membership fee is $3.00 from October 1 - June 1 of the 4-H Calendar Year and $13.00 after June 1 of the 4-H Calendar Year. There is no fee for Clover Kids. Please make checks payable to Dawes County 4-H Council.
If you are not enrolled in 4-H and do not have your project selections made on 4-H Online by June 1, you will be unable to participate in the 4-H portion of the annual fair.
Project Resource Central has a list of all Nebraska 4-H Certified Projects.
Clover Kid Resources is a website with some great ideas for our youth ages 5-7.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES TO REMEMBER!
4-H Enrollment for Members and 4-H Project Enrollment Deadline - June 1
4-H Animal Affidavits (ID Sheets) Deadline - June 1: Includes Rabbit, Horse, Beef (Market, Breeding Heifer, Feeder Calf), Dairy, Sheep (Market, Breeding), Goat (Market, Breeding, Dairy), and Swine (Market).
Formerly known as Livestock Quality Assurance - June 1 (Includes Poultry, Rabbit, Beef, Dairy, Goat, Sheep, and Swine). New site is ready - Youth for the Quality Care of Animals
Dog & Cat Vaccination Forms Deadline - July 15
Dawes County Fair Entry Deadline - July 15 (without fee)
Dawes County Fair LATE Entry Deadline - July 19 (with fee)
YEAR AROUND Small Engine Repair - 7 pm, Wahlstrom Ford OR Henkens Roberts Building, Fairgrounds. EVERY WEDNESDAY EVENING. Contact Roger Eaton.
Livestock Evaluation Classes:
- Classroom - 3rd Thursday at 5:30 pm, Extension Office
- Field - 2nd Sunday at 1:00 pm, Fairgrounds
Cat Club Meetings, Online Monthly, 2nd Thursday of Every Month
NE Equine Webinar Series, Online Monthly, 2nd Monday of Every Month
October 3 - November 21: Hound Dog U, Tuesday evenings, Fairgrounds
October 5, November 2, December 7 - Volunteer e-Forum, 5 - 6:00 pm, Extension Office Conference Room. Pre-Register by October 2! Information Sheet FAQ
November 4, 11, 18 and either 25 or December 2: Leather Crafting, 1-3 pm, Fairgrounds
2017-2018 Dawes County 4-H Executive Council:
Clint Phillips, Suzanne Davidson, Jera Boeselager, Karen Lewin, Jodi Sellman, Marisa Betson, Crystal Vander May
Active Dawes County Clubs
Bordeaux Trappers - Roger Eaton Leader Chadron
Corn Valley - Justin & Tami Tollman, Leaders Crawford
Dawes County Jr. Leaders, Jodi Sellman & Robert Vahrenkamp, Advisors Chadron/Crawford
Happy Hustlers - Suzanne Davidson, Leader Chadron
Highland Huddlers - Jodi Sellman, Leader South of Chadron
Ponderosa Pals - Bill Cogdill, Leader Chadron
SPECIAL INTEREST CLUBS
Small Engines - meets all year on Wednesday evenings from 7 to 9 p.m. Roger Eaton Instructor
Hound Dog U - meets Tuesday evenings from October to November. Professor Roger Eaton Instructor
Shooting Sports - meets Saturday or Thursday evenings from November to March. Roger Eaton Instructor
Nebraska 4-H Club Resources
Nebraska 4-H Guidelines for Leaders
Nebraska 4-H Policy & Procedure Handbook
Nebraska 4-H Council Financial Handbook - TO BE USED FOR CLUB FINANCES TOO!
4-H Club Tax Exempt Information
Dawes County 4-H Handbook
2017 Veterinary Feed Directives Information
Livestock Premise ID Information
- Dawes County 4-H Foundation - Financial Assistance Form. Providing financial assistance for 4-H related activities and educational opportunities which occur outside of county lines.
- FSA Youth Loans - FS2301. Helping 4-H and FFA members purchase livestock, feed, and supplies for their projects.
- White River Feed in Chadron 4-H Feed Program. No interest and no application. 4-H members may charge their feed and pay after they sell their 4-H project animal.
- Farmer's Co-Op in Hemingford 4-H Feed Program - Application. Helping 4-H members finance their livestock feeding needs.
Animal Affidavits / Project Books:
NEW - NE 4-H County Fair Website with Affidavits!
- Bucket Calf Project Record Book
- Cow/Calf Pair
- Poultry Posters
Poultry Growth & Development
Layer Chicken Development
Cat Vaccination Form - Required by July 15 with Fair Registration
CAREER PORTFOLIO AND AWARD INFORMATION:
Project Records - Scroll to bottom of the page for list
- NE4H9010- Nebraska 4-H Project Record doc
- NE4H9020- Nebraska 4-H Animal Project Record doc
- NE4H9030- Nebraska 4-H Companion Animal Project Record doc
- NE4H9040- Nebraska 4-H Junior Leader Project Record doc
- NE4H92 - Nebraska Shooting Sports Project Record
NEBRASKA 4-H LINKS:
Nebraska 4-H Website
Nebraska 4-H Horse Information
Nebraska 4-H Foundation
Nebraska Shooting Sports
UNL Marketplace - Order 4-H Curriculum Here!
4-H Mall - Order 4-H Curriculum and More Here!
4-H Judge's Resources