State & National Scholarships
Nebraska 4-H Foundation Scholarship Application
- 4-H Scholarship Applications due March 2, 2018.
- General eligibility for applicants includes:
- Must be a current high school senior, graduating spring of the current year, and attending college in the fall of the current year (unless specified by individual scholarship guidelines.)
- Must have completed (1) year of 4-H, and be a current 4-H member unless otherwise stated.
- Must be in good scholastic standing (minimum of "C" average). Scholarships will be awarded after the successful completion of the first college semester. Recipient must provide a copy of first semester grades (with at least a "C" average) to the Nebraska 4-H Foundation before scholarship is issued.
- Other eligibility requirements vary by scholarship. To view information and requirements and to download applications, please go to the following link at: http://ne4hfoundation.org/recognition/
- All applications are due to the 4-H Foundation office by March 2, 2018.
via email to: email@example.com or mailed to: Nebraska 4-H Foundation, PO Box 830719 Lincoln, NE 68583-0719. E-mailed applications are preferred but mailed applications will be accepted.
Nebraska Association of County Extension Boards Scholarship
Scholarship Application due by March 16, 2018.
The Nebraska Association of County Extension Boards (NACEB) Scholarship Program for the 2018/19 academic year includes the following:
One $1000 scholarship at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) or in the College of Education and Human Sciences (CEHS) for an incoming student (freshmen or transfer student).
One $1000 scholarship for a current student (sophomore or higher) enrolled in CASNR or CEHS.
Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship
The National Pork Producers Council is pleased to announce the 2017 Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship. Ten $2,500 scholarships are awarded to students annually who intend to pursue a career in the pork industry. http://nppc.org/programs/scholarships/
To be eligible, applicant must:
- Be an undergraduate student in a two-year swine program or four-year college of agriculture, and aU.S. citizen.
- Write a brief letter indicating what role the applicant sees themselves playing in the pork industry after graduation.
- Submit an essay of 750 words or less describing an issue the applicant sees confronting the pork industry today or in the future, including offering their solutions.
- Obtain two letters of reference from current or former professors or industry professionals.
- Prepare a cover sheet with the following information: (a) Name of Applicant, (b) Name of School, (c) Year in School, (d) Contact Information / mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address.
Please submit the items listed in a single envelope via mail OR e-mail. Entries must be postmarked by January 5, 2018 to be accepted.
National Pork Producers Council
AT: Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship
P.O. Box 10383
Des Moines IA 50306-9960