Safe storing, preparing, and serving of foods is just as important in child care programs as serving a balanced diet. Many children and adults get sick from eating foods that are not properly handled or when food safety guidelines are not being followed. This training will educate participants about how to purchase and prepare foods for children in child care, how to keep kids safe from foodborne illnesses, and proper prevention tips to wash those germs down the drain!
Do you need FREE continuing education hours? Don't want to travel? Pull up a comfortable chair and join us on the web! Hours approved in the state of Nebraska for childcare providers. This class will be held on April 9, 2018 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. CST. The instructor for this class is Amy Peterson, MS RDN - Nebraska Extension Educator, UNL.
Please click or copy paste the link below into your web browser to sign up for the class. You may watch it live or recorded. The recorded sessions may be watched up to one week past the live date to receive your certificate.
Why should I sign-up?
- FREE program – no cost to you
- One-hour of continuing education credit for the class
- Participate at home or anywhere you have access to the internet
- Increase your skills and keep your children healthy
What if the date or time of the session does not work for me?
- There is an option to register for a recorded version of the session.
- Your will have one week after the recorded session is available to watch the webinar and receive continuing education credits.
Courses offered by Nebraska Extension may be accepted by the South Dakota Department of Social Services, Child Care Services Office, to meet annual in-service training requirements.
Lisa Poppe, Cami Wells, LaDonna Werth
Nebraska Extension Educators