Workshop Locations and Dates:
The times are 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. local time at each location.
Nov. 13, Norfolk, contact Extension Office in Madison County, 402-370-4040, email@example.com.
Nov. 14, York, contact Extension Office at 402-362-5508, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost is $20 per person. If more than two people are attending per operation, the cost is $15/person. Pre-register one week prior for a meal count to the local extension office.
Funding for this project was provided by the North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center, the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture Award Number 2015-49200-24226.
Passing on the farm/ranch to the next generation is a tough job, especially if the next generation is unsure of what will happen when their parents pass. Transition workshops, designed especially for those people who are wondering what is going on, are planned for the fall of 2018. Read the full news release here.
Homework to Complete Before the Workshop
- Financial Considerations for Transition- Dave Goeller (PDF)
- Legal Considerations for Transition- Joe Hawbaker (PDF)
- Written Leases- Allan Vyhnalek (PDF)
- Communication- Jay Jenkins, Bethany Johnston (PDF)
- Compensation Considerations for Unpaid Labor- Dave Goeller (PDF)
- Negotiations- Allan Vyhnalek (PDF)
Resources from Farm/Ranch Transition Workshops
- Call to make one-on-one appointments with Dave and Joe