The University of Nebraska was chartered on February 15, 1869. In 2019, we mark a 150-year legacy of improving the quality of life for Nebraska and beyond. Please join us in celebrating the historic past of your University.
Nebraska Extension has a few activities available inwhich to celebrate this momentous anniversary. Vist https://4h.unl.edu/n150 for activities you can participate in.
In celebration of University of Nebraska 150, the 4-H program is offering two 4-H projects that can be exhibited at the fair.
* Stepping Stone - see instructions - 4-H members are invited to show their creativity and University of Nebraska pride by creating a stepping stone that represents the N|150 milestone. Stepping stones will be exhibited at local counties fairs, and one stepping stone from each county will be chosen to be displayed at the Nebraska State Fair at the Raising Nebraska landscape.
- Stepping stones may be made out of any materials. Keep in mind that fairgoers may step on the stones while on display, therefore, they should be durable.
- Stepping stones should be 8 inches by 8-inch squares.
- Design: N|150 themed or In Our Grit, Our Glory themed
- Each county will select one for display at Raising Nebraska. It will not be eligible to be judged in any other class at State Fair.
* Photography Exhibit - 4-H members enrolled in Mastering Photography Unit 3 are invited to celebrate N|150 by exhibiting in the Theme Print (Class B182060) at their local counties fairs. The top exhibit(s) from each county will be selected to advance to the Nebraska State Fair. February 15, 2019 marks 150 years of history to appreciate, impact to unpack, and stories to tell. How has the University of Nebraska impacted you, your family, or your community? How can you tell this story through photography?