Nebraska 4-H requires all youth enrolled in livestock projects to complete annual quality assurance training through Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA).
Keep reading to learn about updates made due to the Coronavirus ....
YQCA is a national multi-species quality assurance program focused on three core pillars:
- food safety, animal well-being, and character development.
1) One option for YQCA training is through online self-directed courses. Each module takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes if you watch the instructional videos. Sign up and pay $12.00 on-0n-line at: YQCA.org
2) Due to the cornavirus we will not be having Face-to-Face trainings. For important updated information click here: https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/cass/updates-for-yqca-as-of-march-27-2020/
3) Please note: 4-Hers must be enrolled as an active member for 2020 before taking the YQCA training.
Visit the YQCA login page to begin. Select "Sign in with 4HOnline" and select "Nebraska 4-H Youth Development" from the dropdown. Use your family 4HOnline login and password information to access the courses for the active 4-H members in your family. Only active members will show in the drop down menu for access to the course, so be sure you are enrolled/re-enrolled in ne.4HOnline.com for 2018. Important to note: All 4-H members will need to use the 4-H tab and not the FFA tab even if they are members of both organizations.
- When the 4-Her completes the online training they will need to print off the completion certificate and bring it to the Extension Office so Counties can manually enter the results into their 4-H online file.
- 4-Hers that do face to face (F2F) training will need to print off their certificate of completion after the instructor verifies they have participated in a F2F training session.
- If a 4-Her is trained by an FFA Advisor they will need to bring a certificate of verification to the Extension Office. A certificate is being designed and will be provided to FFA Advisors.
Nebraska 4-H youth ages 8-18, who are enrolled in any of the livestock projects listed below, are required to complete the YQCA online course annually. The deadline to complete your annual YQCA training in Cass County is (date to be announced) for county fair exhibition. 4-H members who exhibit at the Nebraska State Fair or will need to have their YQCA training requirements met by the date of entry for those respective shows.
Youth enrolled in any of following projects or project areas will need to complete YQCA training:
- Beef (bucket calf, feeder calf, breeding beef, market beef)
- Dairy Cattle
- Goat (breeding meat goat, dairy goat, meat goat)
- Sheep (breeding sheep, market sheep)
- Swine (breeding swine, market swine)