As you know, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has declared the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a pandemic. Nebraska Extension has canceled all in-person training, including chemigation and pesticide applicator training, starting March 16, 2020.
I want you to know that the Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP) Office Team will do everything possible to accommodate those that are inconvenienced by this situation and we ask for your patience during this difficult time.
The COVID-19 Information page on the PSEP website will serve as a hub for PSEP and Chemigation related information during the interrupted training season. We will continue to update this page as things develop and more information becomes available.
The PSEP COVID-19 INFO
We had a great discussion and Q&A during yesterday’s Cropping and Water Systems Capacity Building In-service. That discussion was recorded and is available at: https://unl.box.com/s/wjpd7l9hdxyhnwz433cq9qhsh7drrszd
PSEP/Chemigation Listening Session
· April 1, 10:00 – 12:00
· Reminder was just sent out today
· Meeting URL: https://unl.zoom.us/j/952609321
All private applicators should use our online program to certify or recertify. First-time and recertifying private applicators can use this program. The price of this program has been temporarily reduced to match the price of the in-person sessions ($40).
- Please go to: https://psep.education/applicator/ to register for the online private training course.
Initial Commercial/Noncommercial PSEP
Initial training for commercial/noncommercial applicators will be available solely through FlipBooks available online at the PSEP store.
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA) has temporarily suspended all testing for private and commercial /noncommercial PSEP.
- Questions about testing? Please call NDA, 402-471-2351.
Recertification Commercial/Noncommercial PSEP
The PSEP Office has developed a temporary online recertification training course for commercial/noncommercial applicators. This online course will replace in-person recertification sessions for the remainder of the 2020 training season.
This method will be available the week of April 6-10.
To participate, applicators must be registered for one of the following recertification dates 3/19, 3/24, or 3/26 (the location does not matter).
If anyone still needs to recertify their commercial/noncommercial license, and are not registered for one of these sessions; please contact the PSEP Office at: 402-472-1632 or 800-627-7216. Or, they can register themselves for one of the dates listed at: https://pested.unl.edu/pesticide-safety-recertification
The PSEP Office will contact those registered via email on April 3rd with details about the online recertification training option. Please ask applicators to watch their inbox for messages from the PSEP Office. Please also ask them to check their spam/junk folder in the event the email goes there.
Chemigation Recertification AND Initial
Those seeking both initial and recertification chemigation certification can accomplish this entirely online by completing the online course and test.
· Those recertifying will enter your Chemigation Applicator ID number. Those who are initial will type 'INITIAL' instead of a number.
· All registration forms and tests (through 3/16/20) have been received, processed and forwarded to Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy.
· We cannot offer other options, such as a hardcopy self-study, because the tests are “closed book.”
Clyde L Ogg
Agronomy & Horticulture