The Cass County 4-H Fair is August 5-8, 2020.
The fairgrounds is north of Weeping Water, NE at the corner of Hwy 1 and 144th Street.
The 2020 County Fair Theme: All Roads Lead to the Fair
2020 Cass County Fair 4-H Award Sponsorships Available (as of 2.27.2020)
4-H Large Animal Information
- Information and forms due by June 15th (YQCA, ID Sheets, Scrapies tags, premises ID, etc)
- Information and forms due by July 15th (Pre-entry information, on-line pre-entry, bucket calf information)
- Horse Level Testing due by June 15th
- Other Livestock Information
- Public Speaking Contest .. Contest via Zoom, Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020 6:30 p.m.
- Contests Requiring On-line Pre-entry (Tractor Driving, Table Setting, and Shooting Sports) Due July 15 https://cass.fairwire.com/
- Tractor Driving Contest Due date July 15
- Table Setting Contest Due date July 15
- Shooting Sports Contest Due date July 15
- Shooting Sports Verification form (for instructors) - Youth must have logged 10 hours of shooting sports instruction under the leadership of a 4-H certified shooting sports instructor. Each club leader must fill out this form to verify youth hours before youth will be permitted to shoot in county contest. Due July 15.
- Performing Arts Contest Due date is July 15th.
- Fashion Review Contest Due date July 15th
- Livestock Judging and Horse Judging Contests (make entry at the County Fair)
- Exhibits Requiring Special Forms (Clover Kids, Food Preservation, Photography, and Community Service) Due on Entry Day, August 2nd, 2020
Special Garden Project...2020 Classic Magic Bachelor Buttons- Bring flowers/exhibis to the fair on Sunday, August 2nd from 4-6 pm or Monday, August 3rd from 8am to 10am.
- Reminder: All horticulture exhibits must have the cultivar listed on the entry tag.
- Clover Kid Entry Form for the County Fair (bring entry form to the fair with your items on Sunday of the fair)
4-H Auctions at the Fair:
- Cake Auction, Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020
- Silent Bid Quilt Auction, Tuesday, Aug 4 through Saturday, Aug 8, 2020
- Livestock Auction, Saturday, Aug. 8, 2020
4-H Community Service:
- Quilts of Valor
- Patterns for Community Service Projects (pillowcases, food jars, etc)
- County Fair Community Service Club Entry Form
- Reporting your Community Service
- 2020 Nebraska State Fair Dates: August 28-September 7, 2020 in Grand Island, NE