2020 Cass County 4-H Fashion Show
1. Register for the Fashion Show contest by July 22nd at http://cass.fairwire.com.
2. Complete the written report that corresponds to your entry. Name it LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_REPORT.
3. Create a video showcasing your modeling skills. Name it LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.
a. This video should be 1 to 3 minutes long.
b. Make sure your location has good lighting and use a fixed camera angle so your finished video doesn’t move or shake.
c. At the beginning of the video, introduce yourself by stating your name and the name of your club.
d. Ask a grownup or friend to read your written narration while you walk. If you’re not sure what your narration should include, see the resources section below.
e. During the video, you may walk in a pattern and pivot as needed. See examples in the resources video below. Be sure to show the judge the following views of your garment.
i. Front, side, and back views
ii. Close up of one thing you’d like to showcase (sewn zipper, pocket, embroidery, etc.)
iii. Walking toward and away from the camera
f. After your walk, please answer these questions:
i. Tell us about your garment.
ii. Where do you plan to wear your garment?
iii. What was your favorite part of this project?
iv. What was the most challenging part of this project?
v. What did you learn during this project?
4. Upload both your video and your written report to the Box folder at https://go.unl.edu/fashionshowcass
a. Put your first and last name in the file description field.
b. Deadline for upload is July 26th at 11:59 pm.
5. Bring your sewn garment or item to the Static Entry day on August 2. Sign up for your drop-off time here: https://go.unl.edu/static2020cass
6. Your completed scoresheet, ribbon, and garment should be picked up with your other Static entries on August 8. Sign up for a pick-up time here: https://go.unl.edu/static2020cass
2. How to Prepare for Modeling (walking, patterns, tips and tricks): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01izQX6RRB8