Welcome to Nebraska Extension in Seward County
Our office brings you reliable, research-based information in agriculture and natural resources, consumer and family economics, community and economic development and 4-H / youth development. Our goal is simple... to help you put knowledge to work!
Please check our site often for updates. We offer a wide variety of classes, workshops and trainings throughout the year.
Our team consists of:
- Shelly Stitt, Extension Educator - Unit Leader
- Carrie Gottschalk, Extension Educator
- Kenzee Kucera, Extension Assistant -Youth
- Ann Dobesh, Extension Assistant - Youth
- Cindy Wolverton, Extension Assistant - Youth
- Ginny Koranda, Office Manager
- Lori Hamling, Office Assistant/4-H Afterschool Coordinator
- Dorian Krska, Office Assistant
A seven member Extension Board and a 16 member youth and adult 4-H Council, representing all areas of Seward County, are also a part of our team. It gives us great pleasure to serve you in your lifelong learning quest. Our office is located on the the corner of Main (Hwy. 34) and 14th Streets in Seward. Please stop in for a visit and to see what the University of Nebraska can offer you. Our 4-H Youth Development Program, for example, reaches more than 400 youth in Seward County alone. Statewide, 4-H touches the lives of more than 90,000 youth each year.
University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension is built to provide practical education that focuses on issues which influence daily life that helps to keep Nebraska competitive in a global society. Extension Specialists and Extension Educators are committed to a theme of excellence with educational programs customized to meet the needs of Nebraskans.