Thursday, May 25, 2017, 6:00 p.m.
First United Methodist Church Basement
Open to anyone! You do not need to be a 4-H member to enter!!!!
2017 Music Contest Entry Form (pdf, 2 pgs 264 kb) due to the Extension Office May 1st, 2017. You can also register by calling 402-245-4324 or emailing email@example.com with your name, age, category (vocal, piano and/or Instrumental), and composer of each section.
MUSIC CONTEST: Performing music can be a way to gain self satisfaction or communicate with an audience. Music sends messages with sound. As you work on your project, you also will develop the life skills of:
- Decision making
- Coping with change, and
- Learning how to learn
- Limit of 2 entries per person.
- All performances must be less than 6 minutes long.
- Mixed ages for duets or groups will be considered Senior division (each group must have three or more participants).
- There is NO State Fair contest for this event.
- Observe copyright laws when bringing music for the judge. Individually number the measures on the judge's music prior to the contest.
- Must be a purple or blue ribbon to be eligible for a medal.
Age Divisions (ages as of December 31 of the prior year):
- Clover Kid: 5 - 7 years old
- Junior: 8 - 10 years old
- Intermediate: 11-13 years old
- Senior: 14 - 18 years old
Divisions available are solo, duet or group in the following categories:
- Vocal (may use accompaniment)
- Instrumental (may use accompainment)