Upcoming Events & Deadlines
- High school and college youth practice their public speaking and advocacy skills while competing for cash prizes!
- After our implementation of EID tags last year, each exhibitor will have to obtain a Premises ID number through the Nebraska Department of Agriculture in 2017.
Veterinary Feed Directive (Brochure
- Effective January 1, 2017, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will fully implement the Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) regulation.
- The regulation requires veterinary oversight when producers use medically important antimicrobials in feed or water to treat animals.
- This applies to all producers raising animals, including youth owners of show or exhibit animals.
Merlyn Anderson Memorial 4-H Scholarship
- Merlyn Anderson has a lifelong interest in agriculture. Her trust support of 4‑H Scholarships in 2016 was $28,000 to help students further their studies for agricultural careers. This scholarships are open to applications from the following area schools: Lewiston High School, Wilber-Clatonia High School, Norris High School, Beatrice High School, Freeman High School, Diller/Odell High School, Wymore High School, Meridian High School, Tri-County, Fairbury High School High School, and Home Schoolers in Gage & Jefferson Counties.
- Merlyn Anderson a longtime Beatrice resident provided for the scholarship funds for youth involved in 4‑H and interested in pursuing careers in the agricultural area. At a time when women rarely traveled alone, Merlyn flew around the world on military standby several times to visit her husband, Col. Charles A. Anderson a Beatrice Dentist, who introduced 4‑H to South Korea as a way to help families improve their lives after the Korean War. For more information call the University of Nebraska Lincoln Extension at (402)223‑1384, or e‑mail Paul Hay at email@example.com, or view our web page at gage.unl.edu.