Mueller Awarded for Preparedness EffortsMueller was honored for her efforts towards creating a stronger community through preparedness planning and disaster preparation to enhance community readiness and resilience.
Farmer's MarketsFarmer's Markets serve as a face for local agriculture.
Raising Nebraska Moves OutdoorsRaising Nebraska is ready to unveil their new outdoor learning space.
International BeefNebraska Extension Educators provide International
Chefs with background on beef in Nebraska.
Panhandle Research and Extension Center
Administration, Faculty and Staff
Panhandle Extension News
- Western Nebraska Early Childhood Conference Oct. 10 at Gering
- 4-H shooting sports leader certification workshop Oct. 10-11 at Scottsbluff
- Panhandle Cattleman's Day Oct. 26 at Gordon
- Recent appointments: Educator in Garden-Deuel counties, TEAMS program coordinator
- Range Beef Cow Symposium 2015 at Loveland, CO
- UNL specialist receives highest potato award
- NE Section of Society for Rangement Management to meet in Scottsbluff
- NU Panhandle Alumni chapter recognizes Stinner as Alumni of the Year
- Charlie Fenster: The man for whom new HPAL building is named
- Irrigators sought as partners for research, extension project
- Soil scientist Gary Hergert retires after 40 years
- Funding for ag research has changed over the years
Nebraska Extension's CropWatch web site has answers to farmers' questions about crop varieties, fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, harvest and many other issues. Check out the main page or click below to go directly to sugarbeets, dry edible beans, wheat, or potatoes.
- Dry Edible Beans
- Potato Education Guide
- Variety testing results for sunflower, millet, pea
Director's Insights from Dr. Jack Whittier
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
The North Platte River:
Surface Water Irrigation Projects and Power Generation: A basic history of and information about the North Platte River U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects ' surface irrigation, power generation and other related irrigation and power generation projects ' on the North Platte River drainage.
By Gary Stone, Extension Educator, Panhandle Research & Extension Center.