The Development of the Foundation:
The Otoe County 4-H Foundation was established in 2012 to ensure an avenue for tax-deductible funds to be given to the Otoe County 4-H program and to establish a vehicle to raise funds to continue quality 4-H programming in Otoe County. This is beyond the traditional sponsorship of trophies and livestock auctions.
The mission of the Otoe County 4-H Foundation is to enhance 4-H programming, secure financial support for local 4-H programs, and to develop area youth for future generations.
Our strategic vision is to:
- Secure and prudently manage Foundation assets and investments to prove current and long range financial support to the 4-H program.
- Expand the network of 4-H supporters through charitable giving.
- Develop fund raising activities to increase participation in county, district, state and national 4-H programs.
- Communicate the Foundation Mission to 4-H'ers, 4-H alumni, 4-H leaders, 4-H volunteers, community leaders, and Extension staff.
Some of the events, program, and organizations the Otoe County 4-H Foundation will support include:
- Scholarships to Otoe County 4-H'ers to Nebraska 4-H Camps
- Scholarships to graduating 4-H Seniors pursuing higher education
- Financial support to Otoe County 4-H'ers attending: Citizenship Washington Focus and National 4-H Congress
- Grants to Otoe County 4-H Clubs
- Financial Incentive to Otoe County 4-H'ers for completion of 4-H Career Portfolio
Board of Directors:
- Mark Easter, President, 402-297-1212, email at: email@example.com
- John Crook, Vice President, 402-253-4815, email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lacy Johnson, Secretary/Treasurer, 402-209-2420, email at: email@example.com
- Wayne Clymer, Director, 402-269-7151, email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Hall, Director, 402-269-5372, email at: email@example.com
- Donna Sluka Smith, Director, 402-297-7533, email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anna Bohlken, Youth Director
- Sarah Purcell, Extension Officio, Nebraska Extension Educator, 402-269-2301, email at: email@example.com
Otoe County 4-H Grants
The Otoe County 4-H Foundation has allocated funding to provide grants to the Otoe County 4-H members and 4-H clubs to strengthen 4-H in Otoe County. The mission of the Otoe County 4-H Foundation is to enhance 4-H programming, secure financial support for local 4-H programs, and to develop area youth for future generations. Successful grants would assist the 4-H Foundation in achieving its mission. Grant requests can be between $50 and $500. Deadlines are November 30th and February 28th each year.
Otoe County 4-H Foundation Donations
You can make a tax deductible donation by this form or by contacting any of the Otoe County 4-H Foundation Board of Directors.
Otoe County 4-H Foundation Scholarship
The Otoe County 4-H Foundation offers four $1,500 scholarships to be given annually to deserving high school seniors who are current Otoe County 4-H members. Applications are due January 15th to the Extension Office in Otoe County.