Otoe County 4-H


4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership
with caring adults. 4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.

Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu

Otoe County 4-H

The Better Ba-C's 4-H Club with grant funds from the Otoe County 4-H Foundation is sponsoring a 4-H Dog Agility Training.  So bring your dog and be ready to learn from Instructor Brenda Carroll and AKC Dog Handler.  This will be held in the Kimmel Arena on the Otoe County Fairgrounds on Saturday, June 24th from 9:00 a.m. to noon.

There will also be a demonstration by Gretchen Barber, Better Ba-C's 4-H member. For more information contact Brenda Carroll at 402-949-0318 (cell) or 402-296-4706 (home). 

Exhibitors of 4-H beef, swine, sheep and goats that carry an EID tag will be required to obtain a Premises ID number through the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at no cost to the exhibitor.  Premise ID is by the location of where the animal is located - so whomever owns the property where the 4-H animal is located is who must obtain the Premise ID.  That Premise ID must then be reported to the local county Extension Office where the 4-H animal will be shown.

Keep up to date on the latest happenings in Otoe County 4-H. We are continually updating and posting new infomation or requirements as they are released in regards to the 4-H program. Some of the latest are requirement for all animals with and EID tag must also have a Premise ID, the formation of the Otoe County 4-H Shooting Sports Club, 2017 Beef Shows will be Blow and Go at the Otoe County Fair, VFD Regulation in reference to Youth Livestock Projects.

The Otoe County 4-H Council voted at its January meeting to change to “Blow and Go” for the 2017 Otoe County Fair.  The 4-H Beef Shows including Showmanship, Market Beef and Breeding Beef will be Blow and Go.  Guidelines for the Blow and Go include:

Effective January 1, 2017, all livestock producers that use antibiotic medicated feeds to prevent, treat or control animal health issues will be required to get a written order or Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) from a Veterinarian to purchase and feed these feeds.  The regulation will only affect antibiotics administered in feed or water for livestock.