24th Annual Plant Fair & Market-
April 29 & 30, 2016
NECC Chuck Pohlman Ag Complex, NorfolkFriday 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
2016 Vendors Wanted Information PDF 800 KB
2016 Youth Horticulture ID Contest
Youth Horticulture ID Contest Study Guides
2016 Plant Fair & Market flyer PDF 607 KB
2016 Educational Speaker information PDF 100 KB
2016 Vendor List (revised 4-25-16) PDF 170 KB
2016 Plant List Sold at Master Gardener Booth PDF 540 KB
Educational Speakers and Contest
6:15 pm Youth Horticulture ID Contest
6:30 pm “Nebraska Natives for the Home Garden” Amy Seger—J&H Greenhouse—Horticulturist
7:15 pm Awards for Hort Judging Contest & Master Gardener Awards
9:30 am “Backyard Medicine Chest” Rachel Liester– Red Road Herbs
10:30 am Talk About “Beginning Thoughts for a Home Landscape” Carolyn Lingenfelter
11:00 am “Without Castings It’s Just Dirt!” Brent Broberg—Broberg Organics, LLC
11:30 am Make and Take at Children’s Corner
12:30 pm Talk About “Drip Irrigation” Kurt Schrant and Jim Laycock
1:00 pm Make and Take at Children’s Corner
1:30 pm Talk About “Sedums” Corrine Weihe
Plant Fair features include:
* FREE admission!
* Educational Speakers
* Children's Garden: Special activities for children to learn a love of gardening!
Plus Make and Take activities!
* Door Prizes drawn hourly!
* Great Vendors offering nursery, garden, & home decor plus jewelry, kitchen tools, skin care, crafts, quilts, collectables, candles, toys, and gourmet foods!
* Ask The Master Gardener booth will feature a Master Gardener member on hand to answer your gardening questions!
* Locally grown houseplants for sale, grown by Master Gardener members!
* Plant Sitter Area: Place to keep your purchases until you have completed shopping and listening to speakers!
* Delivery assistance to your vehicle!
* Lunch Stand provided by Master Gardeners!
* Proceeds from the Plant Fair help support Educational Speakers and Horticulture Scholarships to Northeast Community College!
The Northeast Nebraska Master Gardeners will host a Youth Horticulture ID Contest at their annual Plant Fair & Market on Friday, April 29 at 6:15 pm. Youth ages 8-18 are encouraged to participate. Participation is free. Pre-register by April 22 by contacting Nebraska Extension - Madison County (402) 370-4040. Prizes are given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each of the three age brackets.
Prizes: 1st Place - $25 cash + $25 gift certificate to the Master Gardener Plant Booths
2nd Place - $10 cash + $15 gift certificate to the Master Gardener Plant Booths
3rd Place - $10 gift certificate to the Master Gardener Plant Booths
Prizes awarded at 7:15 pm.
Partial Study Guides: