These forms are divided by event. Click on the event that you need forms for:
PUBLIC SPEAKING CONTEST
The Public Speaking Contest is scheduled for April 25, 2014. Registration dead line is April 11. Call 402-336-2760 to register your reading, speech and/or PSA. The Regional Contest will be held in Norfolk on May 22.
All PSA's MUST be recorded to cdd in .wav or .mp3 audio formats.
All 4-H PSA's must include the following tag line within the last 10 seconds of the PSA: "Learn more about the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension 4-H Youth Development Program at 4h.unl.edu and Know How. Know Now." The tag line is included in the 60 second time limit.
All 2014 PSA's will use the state theme of "Making a Lasting Impact".
All PSA's must promote 4-H and be general enough to be used anywhere in Nebraska at anytime of the year. Sound effects and public domain music may be used - no copyrighted material may be used. All PSA's must be the original work of the presenter. Contestants may not use PSA's written and provided by the state or national staff. No team PSA's are allowed.
Recorded PSA's along with a written copy of the text must be turned into the Holt County Extension Office by April 11.
For more information about readings, speeches and PSA's can be found at 2014 Holt County Speech Contest Flyer (*267 kb pdf file - 2 pages)
- Fairbook - see current year's county fairbook for county rules and regulations.
- Communication Series Resources:
- "UNL 4-H Youth Development Public Speaking Website - Good resource for rules and regulationses)
- Guide to Making Great Speeches (325.96 kb pdf file - 11 pag
- Speech Outline (242.04 kb pdf file - 1 page)
- Speech Scoresheet - PDF Format (33.45 kb pdf file - 1 page) or Word Format (138 kb docx - 1 page)
- 2014 PSA theme is "Making a Lasting Impact"
- How to Prepare a 4-H Radio Public Service Announcement
- PSA Outline (214.67 kb pdf - 1 page)
- PSA Scoresheet - PDF Format (31.92 kb pdf file - 1 page) or Word Format (136 kb docx file - 1 page)
- Audacity - A free download for an online editor and recorder: (other options are available online)
- You Tube - How to use Audacity (free audio editor and recorder)
4-H Communications Event Web Seminar, Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Learn from 4-H youth how they have achieved success within the 4-H Communications Event. Presentation techniques and opportunities are also shared by Nebraska Extension staff.
Presenters: Jane Armstrong, Mary Jacobson, Stephanie Scharf, Sandy Stockall
2015 HOLT BOYD 4-H SUMMER WORKSHOPS
A two page flyer with information about the 2015 summer workshops that will be held in Holt and Boyd Counties. The flyer has a link to the online registration form at the top of the first page. Registrations are due by Monday, May 18, 2015/. Most of the sessions have a limit to the number participants so please sign up as soon as possible. We will let you know if the session was full and you are on the waiting list. Also if you need to cancel - please let us know so that someone else can take your place.
PRE-FAIR - Dates and Locations
All Pre-Fair Entries due June 15, 2015 - Please Note This Date!!!
PRE-FAIR DAY - July 9, 2015 - Faith Community Church - Solid Rock Building, O'Neill - During the Day. This Pre-Fair Day is for All Modeling, All Clothing Construction, Presentations,
FASHION SHOW - July 9, 2015 – Faith Community Church - Solid Rock Building, O'Neill - During the Evening. NOTE: SAME DATE - - -SAME LOCATION. The Fashion Show will include Table Setting Contest Exhibits, Talent Contest, and Public Fashion Show.
- June Pre-Fair Day Letter (*465.0 kb pdf file - 2 pages)
- Department C- Family and Consumer Science Fair Regulations (Clothing Construction, Consumer Management and Fashion Show Section of the 2015 Fair Regulations Book)
- PRE-FAIR REGISTRATION FORM
- 4-H FASHION SHOW NARRATION FORM
Fill out this form and return to the UNL - Holt County Extension Office By June 15, 2015. One form per entry - Use as many forms as you need. The narrations maybe be hand written or emailed to the Extension Office before Pre-Fair Day so they are ready for the public fashion show.
- Fashion Show Narration Form (*177 docx file - 1 page) Type in information and print
- –Fashion Show Narration Form (*92 kb pdf file - 1 page) - Print form and fill in information
- Fashion Revue Narration Fill-In Form (*874.0 kb pdf file - 1 page) - Type in information; then print form and mail OR email directly to Extension Office
- SHOPPING IN STYLE FASHION SHOW
SF184 Shopping in Style Fashion Show Written Report with Narration (2/13) PDF | Word - Fill out this form and return to office
- TRACTOR OPERATOR CONTEST
Contest only held in Boyd County but members from both counties are eligible to compete. - June 25 - Boyd County Fairgrounds
- Registration and Release Form - (*1901.0 kb pdf fill-in form - 2 pages)
- Registration and Release Form - (*1901.0 kb pdf fill-in form - 2 pages)
- Camper Reservation Form - (*202.0 k pdf file - 1 page) Use this form to reserve a spot at the 2015 Holt County Fair.
- County Fair Pre-Entry Form (*48.0 kb docx file - 1 page) Type into this form - Use this form to list ALL of your static exhibits (except horticulture and floriculture) for the Holt County Fair. Entry tags will be made from this list. Due in Extension Office on July 21. Open both this form and the online fairbook. You should be able to cut and paste from the fairbook into the form. (You may need to double click on the form to make it active when moving back and forth. It might also be easier if you can split your screen.)
- Livestock Entry Form (*50.0 kb docs file - 2 pages) Type into this form - Use this form to list ALL of your Livestock Entries for the Holt County Fair. Show orders are made from these forms. Due in Extension Office on July 21.
- Photography Data Tag (*28 kb docx file) Updated 2015 - 2 forms - Part A and Part B - fill in and then print form; attach to your exhibit. You can re-size this form as you add your information.
- Thank You Cards (*417.0 KB pdf file - 1 page) Two cards on one page - print on cardstock paper and cut apart. Outside has "Discover 4-H Discover You" and inside is blank so that you can fill in your message.
NEBRASKA STATE FAIR
- 2015 FAIR DATES
- August 24 - All Non-Perishable 4-H State Fair Entries Due in County Office
- August 25 - All Perishable 4-H State Fair Entries Due in Boyd County Office by 12:00 noon
- August 26 - 4-H State Fair Entries Due in Grand Island and Entries Judged
- August 27 - 4-H State Fair Entries Judged
- August 28 - September 7 - 144th Nebraska State Fair, Grand Island - 4-H /FFA Exhibit Hall opens at 9:00 am on August 28 and will close at 7:00 pm of September 7
- 4-H Premier Science Exhibit
- 10th annual Nebraska Elite Showman Competition
The Nebraska Department of Agriculture and the Rural Radio Network are again pleased to host the 10th annual Nebraska Elite Showman Competition at the 2015 Nebraska State Fair. The Elite Showman Competition is similar to a "Round Robin" contest, where participants will demonstrate their beef, swine and sheep showmanship skills as well as take a written test and be interviewed in the ring about the livestock industry. The contest is open to both 4-H and FFA competitors; however there may be only one exhibitor per county. Entries must be received at the Nebraska Department of Agriculture by August 17, 2015.
- Volunteers at the Nebraska State Fair
Do you want to spend a few hours at the state fair as an important part of the 4-H programming going on during the fair? We need your help! Nebraska 4-H is looking for volunteers to help with exhibit entry day, judging, and serving as 4-H exhibit building hosts. Volunteers will also be needed to serve as the Lil' Green Mascot and assist with all 4-H contests and events throughout the fair. State Fair 4-H volunteers will receive a fair pass for the day(s) they volunteer.
Volunteers can sign-up by completing the 4-H Volunteer Interest Form available online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/4-HStateFairVolunteer or by downloading the 2015 State Fair Nebraska 4-H Volunteer Interest Form or contact your local extension office for the Volunteer Interest Form.
If you have questions about being a 4-H volunteer at the Nebraska State Fair, please contact: Cathy Johnston, Extension Educator, firstname.lastname@example.org or (402) 472-1762.We look forward to seeing you in Grand Island!
Overview of Volunteer Opportunities (1986.0 kb docx file - 2 pages)
Overview of Volunteer Opportunities (*354.0 kb pdf file - 2 pages)
Volunteer Registration Form (2421.0 kb docx file - 3 pages)
Volunteer Registration Form (*600.0 kb pdf file - 3 pages)