Any questions please feel free to call the Extension Office at 402-759-3712! We are here to help!
Selecting & Preparing Vegetables, Herbs, and Fruit for Exhibits at County Fairs & the Nebraska State Fair
Click on the link above for more information on preparing your Vegetables, Herbs, and Fruit!!
Click on the link above for more information on preparing flowers for County Fair!!
- Website for enrollment ne.4honline.com
- 4HOnline Steps to Enroll NEW member
- 4HOnline Steps to Reenroll member
- 2017 Project Resource Guide
7/8/2017 - Clean-Up Day
7/9/2017 - Horse Show
7/10/2017 - Livestock Check-In, Stactic Check-In
7/11/2017 - Sheep & Goat Show, Rabbit & Poultry Show, Static Judging
7/12/2017 - 4-H Breakfast, Hog Show, Carnival Starts
7/13/2017 - Beef Show, Companion Animal Show
7/14/2017 - Round Robin, Release of Animals, 4-H Picnic, Livestock Aution, Awards Night, Cake Auction, Static Release
7/15/2017 - Load out Market Animals
Youth Livestock Projects and the VFD Regulation
Effective January 1, 2017, all livestock producers that use antibiotic medicated feeds to prevent, treat or control animal health issues will be required to get a written order or Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) from a Veterinarian to purchase and feed these feeds. The regulation will only affect antibiotics administered in feed or water for livestock.
For more information visit the Nebraska BQA VFD Webpage at: http://bqa.unl.edu/veterinary-feed-directive Or Contact Rob Eirich, Extension Educator/Director of Beef Quality Assurance via email at: email@example.com
2017 Culinary Challenge Contest!
August 26th 2017
The contest this year is focusing on dried beans, peas and legumes. In 2015, Nebraska was rated #1 in the nation in Great Northern bean production, 2nd for pinto bean production and 4th for all dry edible bean production. Nebraska produces equal approximately 1 billion servings of dry beans a year. 2016 was the “Year of the Pulse” (dried beans and peas) and we are happy to be able to continue the focus on dried beans, peas and legumes for the 2017 Culinary Challenge. Look for more info from the Culinary Challenge and the Nebraska Dried Bean Commission for menu, food prep, and recipe ideas in the future! Food and Fitness, Healthy Recipes, Food Safety | UNL Food ...
4-H Club of the Month
The Nebraska 4-H Foundation along with the Nebraska 4-H Ambassadors have put together a program for Nebraska 4-H Clubs. Any 4-H club can nominate themselves to be the "Club of the Month" by the second Friday of the month. Each month, a winner will be chosen and will receive a $50 cash card from the Nebraska 4-H Foundation and a certificate which can be displayed. Also, the Club of the Month's story will be displayed on the 4-H Foundation's website, Facebook and Twitter and a news release will be sent out to their local newspaper.
*Download free Adobe PDF Reader
- May 21st - Strang 4-Bar-H Club Mtg., 5:00pm, Extension Office
- May 22nd & 23rd - Sewing Workshop 9:00 - 12:00 Extension Office.
- May 23rd - Sheep Weight-In 4:00-6:00, Fairgrounds
- May 25th - Ag Safety Day
- May 27th - 28th - Boone Co. Beef, Swine, Goat & Sheep Aramas
- May 29th - Office Closed, Memorial Day
- May 31st - Clover Kid Workshop
- June 2nd - Photography Workshop 9:00 - 12:00, Extension Office
- June 3rd - 13th Annual Lively Livestock Jackpot Show, York Co.
- June 12th - QA Face to Face Training 1:00pm - 3:00pm Extension Office
- June 11th - Deuel County Progress Show, Chappell NE
- June 24th - Papio Valley Market Broiler Show, Springfield NE
- June 25th - Sheep & Goat Progress Show, Fillmore Co. Fairgrounds
- Livestock Quality Assurance
Online courses are available to 4-H Members! Registration and more info attached.
Like us on Facebook
1340 G. St
Geneva, NE 68361