Douglas-Sarpy School Enrichment 2016-2017
Looking for exciting activities to enhance your current curriculum? 4-H School Enrichment - Nebraska Extension's "learn by doing" programs - can help your students develop skills and knowledge to meet the Nebraska State Board of Education Standards in Science, Social Studies and Reading/Writing.
The projects are designed to enrich your classroom curriculum. They are available for teachers in Douglas and Sarpy counties. The appropriate grade levels for each project are indicated following the project titles. The fees which are indicated are inclusive of all supplies needed for the entire series of programs. In order for Extension staff to adequately give their presentations, teachers or staff members MUST remain in the classroom.
To register for the classes:
- Click on the desired program below.*
- Fill out the form on-line for each program that you want.
- 4-H staff will contact the teachers by e-mail to confirm dates and times.
- An invoice will be sent to you after confirmation of all programs.
* Links below open in a new tab or window, depending on your browser setting. After completing the form and clicking on the Register button, you will see the confirmation page of your request. Please print the page. Then close that tab or window view to return to this page.
- Ag in the Classroom (3-8)
- Bridges and Structures (3-8)
- Crime Scene Investigation: DNA (5-8)
- Dissection - Crayfish (5-8)
- Dissection - Grasshopper (5-8)
- Dissection - Owl Pellets (2-5)
- Dissection - Pig Heart (6-8)
- Dissection - Squid (6-8)
- Electrical Currents (3-6)
- Embryology (K-12)
- Entomology (K-6)
- Grow a Garden (K-6)
- Grow a Salad (1-7)
- Kitchen Science - Beginners (1-3)
- Kitchen Science - Advanced (4-8)
- Living Soils (3-5)
- Polymers (K-4)
Other 4-H School Enrichment Programs:
- Aksarben Rodeo and Stock Show, 4-H School Tours Program (3-4)
- Fuel Up to Play 60 (K-12)
- Health Rocks! (6-11)
- Rate That Plate Kit (3-4)
- Student Tools for Emergency Planning (STEP) (6-8)
Interested in seeing pictures from our classes? Check our Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/douglassarpy4h/.