March 10, 2017
Strengthening Nebraska's Agricultural Economy
- Recommended Resource: Nitrogen Extenders and Additives for Field Crops
- Understanding Soil Test Reports (Audio Report in Ag Almanac)
- Interested in sharing your production knowledge and experience and competing for cash awards? Check out a new irrigated corn farm management contest for producers/agronomists. Entry deadline for UNL Testing Ag Performance Solutions (UNL-TAPS) is Monday, March 13.
- When is a Good Time to Scout and Control Glyphosate-Resistant Marestail?
- New Soybean Herbicides
- Detecting Invasive Species: Medusahead
- State Groundwater Levels Still Recovering from 2012 Drought. Significant rises were measured in the Panhandle, Platte River Valley, and eastern third of the state.
- On this week's show, view segments on managing non-Bt corn, terminating cover crops, fertilizing pastures, the cattle market, and the forecast for next week.
Extension & IANR
- Reminder: Crop Scout Training is Tuesday, March 14 at the ARDC
- Rescheduled On-Farm Research Results Meeting to be March 22 in Alliance
- "Improving Agriculture, Improving Lives" theme of Women in Agriculture Conference April 7 in Sidney.
- Epicorp Technologies Gets Funding to develop its ipigenetic technology to increase yield and stress tolerance in crops
- Nebraska Hall of Agricultural Achievement to Honor Robert Anderson and Eugene Glock and Induct New Members. Congratulations to all the honorees, including two CropWatch contributors.
- Nebraska LEAD Direector Terry Hejny Receives Agri-Award at Triumph of Ag Show
- Crop Reports
- Recent CW News
- Ask an Expert — Contact a UNL crops specialist
- UNL Crop Blogs
- IANR Mobile Apps
- Extension Resources
- Other Crop Resources
- NebGuides & Extension Circulars
UNL_CropWatch on Twitter
Television for Ag Business Decisions
Timely stories for crop and livestock producers on markets, risk management, ag policies, and more.
Ag Radio Features
Tune in to these on-line audio clips for information for farm, ranch, and home.